Back in the ’90’s I made a conscious decision to become a Web professional. I knew I was going to make my living by becoming an Internet consultant. Whether that was going to be in design, programming or marketing was something I didn’t know yet. It ended up being all three, but lately I find I’ve been wearing the Internet Marketing Consultant hat most.
When I made the decision way back then to become an Internet consultant I essentially taught myself by reading everything relevant I could find online. Today the useful information online has grown immensely (and sadly the useless spam has grown as much, if not more than the good stuff since then as well.)
Lately I’ve been searching for and reading small business, search engine optimization, online business and general Internet marketing content online. I plan on compiling a list of Internet marketing resources that I can recommend to my Net Gazette readers. Here are just a few that I can recommend now.
Internet Marketing Consultant Resources (a very incomplete list)
- SEO Book – This is Aaron Wall’s site and I highly recommend getting a premium account. It’s got great SEO content, articles, videos and a vibrant SEO forum.
- John Andrews
- SEO Theory – A lot of advanced SEO content here and some excellent articles.
- My list of top Internet business books on The Net Gazette
- Webmasterworld – One of the best webmaster forums online
- SitePoint – Many useful things here such as Web developer, designer and marketer articles, videos, kits, references and a great place to buy and sell websites.
Internet Marketing with Articles
- The Phantom Writers – Distribution service and article writing and article marketing resource
- iSnare – Article distribution service
- Thesaurus.com – This could go in any of these categories
Strategic Link Development & Tools
- HubFinder Tool – An excellent tool for finding places to get links
- Free Keyword Suggestion Tool – From DigitalPoint
- Digg – List your articles and blog posts
- Squidoo – Make your on pages that are hosted on Squidoo’s servers
- Delicious – Online bookmarking service
- Sphinn – Internet marketing news and discussion forums
I will continue my search for excellent Internet marketing resources for the Web marketing consultant. Look for my next Net Gazette edition (you’ll need to sign up) for a lot more of this.
On the Internet, you have to crawl through the muck sometimes, but there is all the information you need to be an expert Internet marketing consultant online, you just have to search for it.